*The RCSD partnerships across the province are being eliminated by the provincial government as of September 1, 2020. As a result, the information on this page will no longer be valid. The website is being maintained for one year to allow partners to continue to access the resources*
Parent and Physician Inquiries
On occasion, Children’s Rehabilitation Services (CRS) receives requests to address concerns from parents, physicians, and other community sources.
These inquiries are handled in the following manner:
- Concerns/needs are discussed with the parent, and the parent is asked whether school has similar concerns.
- If school has similar concerns, parents are asked to provide verbal consent to have these concerns discussed with the school.
- Information is forwarded to the Core Rehabilitation therapist(s) assigned to the child’s school along with the specialty teacher at the school, with a request to review the concerns and consider needs and possible service options. Note: If there are no Core Rehabilitation therapist(s) assigned to the school, CRS Coordinated Intake contacts the school directly.
- Once needs and service options have been discussed at the school:
- Core Rehabilitation therapist(s) will inform Coordinated Intake of any decisions made by the School Team
- Coordinated Intake will advise parent of these decisions
- If an Individual Partnership is agreed upon by the School Team, a referral is forwarded to Coordinated Intake following the appropriate referral process
- If an Individual Partnership is not required at this time, Coordinated Intake will advise the parent of other service options being provided if applicable (i.e. universal or targeted)
- Parents will be encouraged to maintain contact with their child’s teacher in order to monitor their child’s needs at school
*This website is a record of a constantly evolving partnership. It is as accurate as possible at any given time and will be regularly updated to reflect changing processes and information. However, be advised that there may possibly be a lag updating the website with the most current information and processes.